Sticky, gooey, and sweet apricot chicken loaded with flavor from a simple combination of seasonings mixed with apricot preserves. This chicken is simple to prepare, making it a wonderful choice for a weeknight or any type of meal.
This is a meal introduced to me by my Dad when he took over most of the cooking during my childhood. Honestly, when I saw it, I cringed. What the heck are apricots and why is it all over the chicken. Just eat it, he would say. So I did. And I loved it.
Of course, his recipe was from a packet mixed with apricot preserves and whatever. Me being me, I had to replicate it because I don’t want all that stuff in the packet in my food. So, here is my version and I have to say, it’s freaking delicious.
Check out the ingredients on those packets and see what you think. Now check out what you'll need to make a homemade version - kosher salt, dehydrated onion (a must for your pantry), granulated garlic, and crushed red pepper. Mix it with Dijon mustard, soy sauce, and apricot preserves. BAM!
It only takes minutes to prepare too. Mix the sauce ingredients in a bowl, coat the chicken, place it in the baking dish and bake. How easy is that?
TOOLS YOU'LL NEED TO MAKE APRICOT CHICKEN:
Since this is a sticky gooey sauce, I lightly coat the baking dish with a little oil. I’ve found that doing this makes cleaning the pan easier. Actually, I make someone else wash the dish so really it’s not a big deal for me! But it does make it easier.
LIKE CHICKEN? THEN YOU SHOULD TRY:
Life is too short for mediocre food.
HAVE YOU SEEN THESE
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR APRICOT CHICKEN TO SAVE FOR LATER.
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Apricot ChickenPRINT PIN SAVESaved!
- 8 skin on, bone-in chicken thighs excess skin from underside removed
- Preheat oven 425°
- Lightly oil a 9x13 baking dish. Optional, but this makes cleanup a little easier.
- In a large bowl, combine the apricot sauce ingredients.
- Add the chicken thighs into the bowl and coat with sauce. Reserve leftover sauce.
- Place the thighs skin side down into the baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Flip thighs over and spoon leftover sauce over the top of the thighs and bake for another 25 - 30 minutes. I like mine dark and a little charred on top so I go the full 30 minutes.
MORE DELICIOUS CHICKEN RECIPES
See More Chicken →