A Basil Vinaigrette that will take your summer recipes to the next level giving them a burst of flavor. You can pour it over most anything making it go from ho hum to amazing.
Every year we plant loads of basil and I never run out of things to use it for because it’s one of my favorite herbs. If you're not in the mood for pesto, you can make this versatile vinaigrette. This basil vinaigrette brings a fresh flavor to vegetables, meats, chicken, and fish. It will be one you’ll want to keep in your fridge.
This is different from my pestos because it’s looser in texture and more pungent. There’s no cheese added, it's made with vinegar to give it oomph, and then a touch of crushed red pepper to add some zing.
All you have to do is blend everything together until it’s nice and smooth and you’re done. If you want it super smooth I suggest this blender which is my favorite kitchen appliance that's never failed me. How’s that for easy?
I sometimes grill some boneless chicken breasts simply coated with olive oil, salt, and pepper then drizzle some of this delicious basil vinaigrette over. It's amazing how a touch of this green magical sauce takes that plain chicken breast over the top.
But that's not all folks, drizzle it over grilled vegetables, pork, or seafood. Use it in your pasta salads to add incredible flavor. I've drizzled this stuff over some grilled swordfish and Shazam! It was freaking amazing. I'm sure you'll come up with your own delicious combinations. If you do, let me know.
This basil vinaigrette keeps in the fridge for up to a week. I'm sure you'll use it up before that.
Try some of my other vinaigrettes, sauces, and dressings:
- Best Lemon Herb Vinaigrette, Ever
- Salsa Criolla (Red Onion Dressing)
- The Most Delicious Orange Vinaigrette
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Creamy Dill Dressing
- The Most Delicious Mustard Sauce Ever
- Simple Authentic Chimichurri
- Creamy Tangy Alabama White BBQ Sauce
- Quick BBQ Sauce
- Spinach Pesto
- Perfect Italian Pesto
- Peruvian Pesto
Life is too short for mediocre food.
Basil VinaigrettePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 cloves garlic medium size
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh basil leaves
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Keep stored in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Drizzle it over fish, poultry, meat, pork, potatoes or your favorite vegetables - especially grilled veggies.
More Delicious Dressings
See More Dressings Recipes →