Blueberry yogurt parfaits are absolutely perfect for breakfast, dessert, or whenever you please. Simple to prepare and can be made ahead. This recipe uses my homemade granola.
Breakfast? Dessert? You decide. This is such an easy and delicious treat, it’s good for either. It’s also a great lunch or snack.
Whenever we travel, I book the earliest flight which means heading to the airport by 4:30am. Breakfast is whatever I baked the day before, as I’m known for bringing food when we travel, or fruit parfaits purchased at some overpriced coffee shop at the airport.
Although those parfaits are probably the freshest option, they cost a damn fortune. What a racket they have going (hello Starbucks). Why not make them myself? Obviously, they’ll have to be eaten at home since I’m sure the TSA will discourage me from going through security with a bunch of parfaits. Like that’s never happened…
I prefer to use frozen blueberries for 2 reasons:
- I always have them in my freezer
- When they start to defrost, their liquid blends beautifully with the maple syrup
Of course, you can use fresh. You are the master in your kitchen.
These blueberry yogurt parfaits are not only delicious, they’re also aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Don’t you just want to dive in? Totally worth the five minutes to prepare, assuming my homemade granola is already made (which it has to be). Make the granola please because it’s very simple to make and you’ll love munching on it throughout the day. It won’t last, trust me on this.
Try some of my other breakfast treats:
Life is too short for mediocre food.
This post contains affiliate links for the products I use in my kitchen.
Blueberry Yogurt ParfaitsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
If you like it on the sweeter side, use the higher amount of maple syrup. I like to finish these with a few berries on top then drizzled with a tiny bit of maple syrup.This recipe uses my simple homemade granola. If using my homemade granola, you will need 30 minutes to prepare.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 - 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or to taste*
- 1 cup blueberries frozen or fresh**
- 1 cup Homemade granola
- Additional drizzle of maple syrup for topping
To prepare, in each glass or mason jar:
- Layer ¼ cup of yogurt.
- Top with ¼ cup of the blueberries.
- Drizzle with half of the maple syrup. You can use more maple syrup if you like it on the sweeter side.
- Sprinkle with a ¼ cup of granola.
- Finish with a few berries and a tiny drizzle of syrup to make it that much better.