Deliciously Adobo spiced wings baked until crispy then coated with buttered hot sauce. A no fry option but just as delicious. Perfect for gatherings. Enjoy!
We go wild for buffalo wings. The hotter the better – at least for my family. I like it hot, but not so hot that I can’t taste anything. One thing I was striving for in creating this recipe was a no fry option. The last thing I wanted to do was create a big mess frying up all these wings.
Another goal? Adding a little more flavor to these wings. Just something subtle in the background of the hot sauce. To accomplish this, I incorporated my Adobo Seasoning which adds a little bit of Latin flavor to the wings.
You may wonder if baking the wings can create a crispy wing? Yes!
Start with drying out your wings.
Then coat them with a little vegetable oil. Load on the seasoning and toss to fully coat the wings.
Place onto 2 foil lined baking sheets and bake in a 425 degree oven for 50 minutes turning once halfway.
The outcome are beautifully, crispy, wings.
These are ready to eat as is, but to make them buffalo wings you need hot sauce. I use Frank’s Original Hot Sauce. Good stuff. To make it creamy I add a little butter and to make it hotter I add a little more cayenne. Adding more cayenne is optional. As I stated earlier, my family craves hot and even with the addition of the cayenne, it didn’t overwhelm the taste buds.
Place the baked wings in a large bowl. Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Whisk in the hot sauce and cayenne pepper. Pour over the wings and toss to fully coat.
Serve these wings along with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing. It’s delicious. You get the heat from the sauce and the flavor from the seasoning. Easy to make, no frying required, and easy cleanup.
Give these a try for your SuperBowl party. Enjoy!
Be happy, eat well…
- 4 pounds chicken wings disjointed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup Adobo Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup hot pepper sauce recommended: Frank's Original
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with foil or parchment.
- Dry the chicken wings with paper towels then place in large bowl.
- Drizzle the wings with oil and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with the Adobo Seasoning, tossing to fully coat wings.
- Place wings on the baking sheets spacing evenly apart.
- Bake for 50 minutes, turning them once halfway through cooking.
- Transfer wings into a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Whisk in the hot sauce and cayenne pepper.
- Pour over the wings and toss to fully coat.
- Serve with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing, if desired.