A creamy garlic bread that will have you wanting more after one bite. This bread has a crispy top and soft squishy bottom just like bottoms should be. You need this bread in your life.
Yes, I love garlic bread, but I was in the mood for something different. I wanted a bread that didn’t crumble into pieces after taking a bite, but at the same had a little crunch to it. I wanted lots of garlic flavor and a topping that seeped into the bread while simultaneously making a puffy delicious presence on top. Well, here it is folks, and it’s super easy to make too.
This bread could be a meal in itself. Be careful, it’s so good you won’t be able to control yourself. Maybe you should have a salad included with your meal just to feel better.
One thing to note, when broiling the bread, make sure the rack is placed in the middle of the oven. This gives the bread a chance to warm up, the topping to bubble, and the edges to crisp without burning.
When you take a bite, you may anticipate the whole thing to be crunchy since the edges will be golden brown. Instead, you’ll notice your teeth will seamlessly go through a layer of creamy, garlicky cheese and soft, pillowy bread. The crunch is all in the edges. Heaven in every bite.
This isn’t a cheesy bread that you see all over the internet where strands of cheese stretch when the loaf is pulled apart. No, this isn’t that kind of recipe. This is just what the title says it is – creamy garlic bread. The only cheese is Parmesan… and it’s perfect – so don’t mess with it. I have tried adding mozzarella cheese and I’ll tell you that the response wasn’t the same. It was ok, good even. But it wasn’t THIS creamy garlic bread. Okay? Okay.
Life is too short for mediocre food.
This post contains affiliate links for the products I recommend.
Creamy Garlic BreadPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 (1 pound) loaf Italian or French bread, cut lengthwise
- ½ cup butter softened
- 4 - 6 medium cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese divided
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Pinch kosher salt
- In a bowl, mix together butter, garlic, mayonnaise, sour cream, ½ cup of the Parmesan, pepper and salt. Spread evenly on bread. Sprinkle top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Position oven rack in center of oven. Place bread, cut side up, on a baking sheet on middle rack of oven and broil until golden and bubbly. Broiling on the middle rack browns the top and gives the bread a chance to warm up, the topping to bubble, and the edges to crisp without burning.
- Slice the bread into sections and enjoy the crispy edges, cheesy top, and warm soft bottom.
More Delicious Breads
See More Breads →