Need some inspiration for gift ideas for the cook in your life? Here’s The Genetic Chef Holiday Gift Guide where you’ll find items every cook should have on their wish list along with kitchen essentials for ease in preparation. The items on this list are from the brands I trust in my own kitchen. Ready? Here we go:
Want the best of the best? Start with these small appliances. Yes, it’s a splurge, but these items will be the workhorse in your kitchen. They will make your time in the kitchen easier which will inspire you to cook more! I have all these items in my kitchen and can’t imagine cooking without them.
The following are affiliate links to share with you the products I love.
Holiday Gift Guide – Best of the Best…
- Vitamix – this is such an incredible blender. You can make the smoothest of smoothies, sauces, soups, and even grind nuts to powder or butter. I use this machine every day and have had it in my kitchen for over 15 years.
- KitchenAid Mixer – if you bake, you need this machine.
- Cuisinart Food Processor – it chops, it shreds, it grinds, and it’s a workhorse!
- Want the best toaster oven out there? This Breville toaster oven gives me access to a second oven whenever I need it. More for just toasts, this baby roasts, bakes, broils and has a convection feature. Love this toaster!
- Electric Knife Sharpener – This little machine makes my knives super sharp and it’s easy to use.
- Enamel Cast Iron Pans – Yes, these are pricey, but you get what you pay for. I have had mine for over 20 years. Not only are they awesome pans, but they’re also beautiful.
- My Bose Bluetooth Speaker projects the most incredible sound. I absolutely need music when I cook!
- My family is big on pressure cooking, so of course, I had to get the instapot.
- After countless failed attempts of frying turkey the old-fashioned way, we purchased this turkey fryer that fries a turkey in about an hour. I use it right in my kitchen on my island. Perfect turkey every time. This isn’t used only during the holidays, we use this all year round for parties and cookouts.
Holiday Gift Guide for the Practical Cook…
Thinking practical yet essential for every cook? These items are listed in the holiday gift guide not only because they are great products, but the price point makes them affordable.
- Cast Iron Skillets are inexpensive and indispensable.
- These stainless steel mixing bowls get the job done.
- A set of these glass nesting bowls make prepping and baking easy.
- I love these spatulas and I highly recommend them. They’re well made, strong, and can take high temps.
- Baking sheets are a necessity. I have 8 of them and use them all the time.
- Coffee Percolator – go retro with this 12 cup Presto percolator. Not only does it make smooth delicious coffee, but it also keeps it hot, hot, hot without changing the taste.
Holiday Gift Guide for the Gadget Addict…
I’m known for buying kitchen gadgets and I admit, most are in the drawer or cabinet that were used once and never see the light of day again. Listed below are gadgets that work that I actually use.
- This apple corer makes my life easy.
- If you need to mince garlic, this garlic press is the one.
- This is cookie season and I need my scoops! Also great for making perfect sized meatballs.
- Microplane zester/grater – does what it claims to do.
- Amazon Echo is my new timer. Not only do I use her for my timers, but she also connects to my Bluetooth speaker and delivers all my favorite music. Good girl, Alexa…
- Immersion Blender is a must for soups and making homemade mayonnaise.
- This stovetop coffee maker makes a great espresso and the price is also great.
- If you like to make bread, this dough whisk is the best.
- My family has several of these coffee carafes that keeps the coffee flowing when entertaining.
Holiday Gift Guide for a Cook’s Library…
These are cookbooks that inspire and never go out of style from the best teachers. I know there are a zillion cookbooks out there, but these I would consider essential for every cook to include in their library.
- Fast Food My Way
- Cooking at Home
- The Joy of Cooking
- Celebrations, Italian Style
- Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book
Still undecided? There’s always a gift card. Yes, it may seem a little impersonal, but at least they get to choose and think of you every time they use whatever they purchased. :). You can also buy gift cards for many different brands.
I hope you enjoy these gift ideas! Happy shopping! I do have to add one thing, remember it’s about being together and enjoying the time you share with family and friends. Gifts are just extra.