Parmesan Roasted Potato Wedges are golden seasoned fries with crispy points and just the right amount of cheese. A terrific side dish to enjoy with your meal that’s nothing short of awesome. So good, you can’t have just one!
This recipe came about using my homemade Italian dressing tossed with potato wedges and topped with some grated Parmesan. It was something I whipped up on a whim one night and boy oh boy was it a winner. The family went nuts over them and for good reason; they were delicious.
I wanted to break down the recipe for a quick easy prep. This isn’t a recipe that uses pounds of cheese to entice you. This recipe is good on it’s own.
Slice the potato into wedges...
Usually, there is a fat side and a skinny side to the potato. Slice the potato on the skinny side to allow a wider half allowing for 3 good-sized wedges.
It’s in the seasonings…
How can you go wrong with garlic, onion, oregano, salt, and pepper? You can’t! The potatoes are tossed with olive oil and a little vinegar to brighten up the flavor. Then they’re coated with the seasonings and Parmesan cheese and placed on a baking sheet (affiliate link). A little more Parmesan is sprinkled on top and then into the oven they go for about 40 minutes.
Don’t leave all that goodness in the bowl…
When transferring the potatoes onto the baking sheet, please, please, please, make sure you scrape up all that seasoning that’s stuck on the bowl and scatter it onto the potatoes.
To line, or not to line…
I have baked these on both a greased and parchment (affiliate link) lined baking sheet. I experienced no problems with the potato wedges sticking to the pan when parchment wasn’t used because 1 tablespoon of the olive oil was used to grease the pan. However, because ovens vary, I do recommend lining with parchment or use a nonstick baking sheet just in case. You don’t want to risk having the potato wedges stick to the pan.
To flip, or not to flip…
Halfway through baking, you can flip these to give the other flat side of the wedge a chance to darken. I have made these Parmesan roasted potato wedges flipping halfway, and not flipping and both ways come out well.
These Parmesan roasted potato wedges make a great side or snack. Love potatoes? Try some of my other delicious sides:
- Roasted spiced sweet potatoes
- Sweet potato casserole
- Roasted baby potatoes with rosemary and thyme
- Mashed potatoes
Be happy, eat well!
Parmesan Roasted Potato WedgesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 4 large russet potatoes unpeeled, scrubbed, each sliced into 6 wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese 2 ounces, divided
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine seasonings in a small bowl.
- Place potato wedges in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil and vinegar and toss to coat.
- Add ½ cup Parmesan cheese and toss to fully coat.
- Sprinkle seasoning over potatoes tossing to fully coat.
- Place potato wedges on a prepared baking sheet in a single layer skin side down.
- Drizzle any remaining oil mixture over wedges.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over potatoes.
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes until crisp and golden, turning once halfway through baking.