A simple pistachio gorgonzola and cranberry salad with a white balsamic vinaigrette is a delicious salad that’s crunchy from the lettuce and pistachios, smooth and velvety from the gorgonzola, and slightly chewy, tangy, and sweet, from the dried cranberries. Then, it’s all tossed in a light white vinaigrette. This sets the palette for any meal or makes a fabulous light meal all on its own.
I tried this salad at a restaurant and couldn’t get enough of it. Of course it had to be good because the price was ridiculous. I recreated it at home, and for the price I paid for the salad, you can buy a block of gorgonzola and the rest of the ingredients and eat this salad all day long.
All it takes is some chopped romaine lettuce that is topped with crumbled gorgonzola (add as much as you want) a good handful of roasted pistachios, and another handful of dried cranberries. Don't forget the red onion. Sounds simple, almost too simple, right? Now toss that all together.
When slicing the red onion, make sure to thinly slice it. I mean as thin as you can. This is a delicate salad and if you have thick slices of onion, it will throw the whole thing off and it won't taste like it should. The onion's purpose is to give a nice bite and contrast to the blue cheese. It's delicious.
As for the white balsamic vinaigrette, it’s very simple. We’ll use some good extra virgin olive oil. Use the good stuff here. Add a little white balsamic vinegar, a little honey and Dijon, salt, and pepper. Combine, pour it over the salad, and toss. Use as much or as little as you like. Pretty simple, right?
This is a great salad that’s light, refreshing, and delicious. For a light, delicious meal, I halve the recipe and eat the entire bowl!
Love this pistachio gorgonzola cranberry salad? Try:
- Spinach watermelon feta salad with lime vinaigrette
- Sweet and tangy cucumber salad
- Mexican street corn salad
- Sonoma chicken salad
- Peruvian oil and vinegar potato salad
- Macaroni salad
- Spinach and cheese pasta salad
- Quinoa Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
Life is too short for mediocre food.
Have you seen these?
A Simple Pistachio Gorgonzola and Cranberry SaladPRINT PIN
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce chopped
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese crumbled
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pistachios
- ½ small red onion thinly sliced
Two Minute White Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- kosher salt to taste I use ½ teaspoon
- pepper to taste
- Add all the salad ingredients into a large bowl and toss. Drizzle with as much of the white balsamic vinaigrette as you wish. Toss to coat. Serve.
White Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- Add all into a mason jar and shake it until it’s emulsified. Store any remaining in the refrigerator. Lasts for weeks.
More Delicious Salads
See More Salads →
Leave a Comment