An incredibly simple Pumpkin Dip made in minutes that will have your pumpkin-loving guests fighting for more. If you love pumpkin, this dip is for you.
My friend Paula introduced me to this dip years ago. When she put it out with some sliced apples, I remember just staring at it because it was orange. “What the heck is that?”, I asked. “It’s a pumpkin dip. Try it, you’ll like it.” I did try it. I didn’t like it. I loved it!
This is some good stuff here. Best of all it’s stupid simple to make. You just need a few ingredients and some good stuff for dipping. You’ll be dipping anything – and I mean anything – into this dip. Let your mind wander…
All you do is open up a can of pumpkin puree and mix it with some softened cream cheese, brown sugar and cinnamon. You can substitute some of the cinnamon with pumpkin spice to give it more of a pumpkin pie flavor. I’ve made it both ways and both are good.
Buy the pumpkin spice or make your own. I have my recipe here. You can use it in your fall baking to make:
If you want to be creative you can carve out a little pumpkin and fill it with this dip for a pretty presentation. I’ll admit, I won’t do that because I don’t feel like wasting a cute little pumpkin just for presentation purposes. Instead, I’ll put it in a pretty bowl – maybe a pumpkin bowl. No fuss, no mess.
What to dip in pumpkin dip?
- Sliced apples tossed in a little lemon juice to prevent browning
- Sliced pears tossed in – see above
- Graham crackers
- Pretzels for some salt contrast
- Gingerbread snaps for more spiciness
- Pie crust cut outs
Yes, pie crust cut outs. Roll out a pie crust. I’m not even going to think you’re going to make your own here and instead buy one already made. I mean I wouldn’t even bother making my own for dipping purposes. No one will care. So just buy one, roll it out, slice it into strips or use some cute cookie cutouts, bake them, and serve it alongside the dip. It’s like pumpkin pie on a stick (or cutout)!
Anyone can make this. ANYONE.
Like some more dip ideas? Try:
- Creamy cheese spinach artichoke dip
- Pimento cheese dip
- Parsley hummus
- New England bean dip
- Taco dip
Have a party!
Life is too short for mediocre food. Or dips!
Incredibly Easy and Delicious Pumpkin DipPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 – 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 – 3 teaspoons cinnamon* try with 1 first then add more to your liking
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until well blended. Let it sit for a few minutes to let the flavors marry.
- Sliced apples or pears – tossed in a little lemon juice to prevent browning
- Graham crackers
- Roll out a pie crust and cut into strips. Bake then use as dipping sticks.
- Gingerbread snaps
More delicious Dips:
See More Dips →