If you’re looking for a Quick BBQ Sauce that takes minutes to make with a sweet, smoky flavor, look no further. This is the sauce and it's amazing!
I know, I know. I hear it all the time. “Why don’t you just buy it?” I don’t have to because I can make a delicious quick BBQ sauce in 10 minutes at home. I know everything that goes into it and I don’t have to chop anything. So why not? This sauce is sweet with a tang, a kick, and a touch of smoke.
This sauce uses my sweet and spicy BBQ Rub for spicing it up. Keep it in your pantry and you’ll be able to whip up this sauce quickly whenever you like. Use the rub to coat whatever you’re barbecuing before topping with sauce.
All it takes to make this sauce is combining everything in a small saucepan and letting it simmer for 10 minutes, stirring here and there. That’s it, it’s ready to use. If you want it thicker, cook it a bit longer, but keep an eye on it.
Use right away or store in the fridge for as long as the date on your ketchup states. I’ve left it in the fridge for weeks with no problem. There’s nothing in it other than spices, ketchup, sugar, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and smoke. They all keep for a long time. I don’t think you’ll have to worry about how long it keeps because you’ll use it up.
Great on chicken, pork, ribs, and beef. Top your burgers with it instead of ketchup. I’m sure you’ll come up with some great ideas.
Want some great sides for your barbecue? Try:
Spinach watermelon feta salad with lime vinaigrette
Sweet and tangy cucumber salad
Peruvian oil and vinegar potato salad
Grilled vegetables with feta and balsamic vinaigrette
Life is too short for mediocre food.
Have you seen these?
Quick BBQ SaucePRINT PIN
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¾ cup brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup Sweet Spicy BBQ Rub
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium high heat. The moment you see it start to bubble, lower the heat to low to prevent any splatter and cook, stirring here and there, for 10 minutes.
- The sauce is ready to use. If not using right away, let cool and store the BBQ sauce in a container and refrigerate.
More delicious sauces
See More Sauce Recipes →
Leave a Comment