A simple ramen broccoli slaw salad loaded with almonds, sunflower seeds, and thinly sliced scallions all tossed with a subtle flavored dressing that brings it all together. Perfect for any gathering to feed a few or a crowd and takes about 15 minutes to put it all together.
I enjoyed this salad at an informal dinner party and couldn’t get over how interesting it looked with crumbled ramen noodles, nuts, and seeds. It was in a large wide beautiful bowl which drew me to piling some on my plate. It was so incredibly good, everyone went for seconds.
This is one of those salads that can go with just about anything and be enjoyed all year round. The prep is very easy and can be done in minutes. Broccoli slaw can be purchased at the market making the prep for this salad quick and easy. You can toast the almonds in a skillet to make them more flavorful but to be honest, you can just throw them in there.
You’re only going to use the ramen noodles for this ramen broccoli slaw salad. I discard the seasoning packet because I make my own which is a million times better. Just crush the noodles with your hands to break them up. It helps if you think of someone that has crossed you the wrong way. Just make sure you don’t crush the noodles to dust!
The dressing has a subtle flavor but really brings everything together nicely. The dressing ingredients can be placed in a jar and shaken until it’s combined. Then all you have to do is pour it over the salad about 20 - 30 minutes before you’re ready to serve if you want to keep everything crunchy. Don’t worry if it sits, it’s still delicious.
You can easily double this recipe to feed a crowd. Ramen broccoli slaw salad pairs well with pork, beef, chicken, or fish.
More delicious salads for you to try:
- Spinach watermelon feta salad with lime vinaigrette
- Sweet and tangy cucumber salad
- Mexican street corn salad
- Sonoma chicken salad
- Peruvian oil and vinegar potato salad
- Macaroni salad
- Spinach and cheese pasta salad
- Quinoa Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
Life is too short for mediocre food.
Have you seen these?
Ramen Broccoli Slaw SaladPRINT PIN SAVESaved!
For the slaw:
- 1 (12 ounce) package broccoli slaw
- 1 package Ramen noodles uncooked, discard seasoning packet
- 3 scallions thinly sliced
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup roasted salted sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- ¼ cup neutral oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil* See Notes
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey**
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce 1 low sodium
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¼ teaspoon granulated onion
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
- Whisk dressing ingredients in a small bowl or shake in a jar until sugar is dissolved.
- Toss together slaw ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over slaw and mix until everything is coated. Let salad set for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the noodles to soften.
I don't post the nutritional value because I don't trust the accuracy of the nutritional apps. I’m not a nutritionist and don't want to post misinformation.
More Delicious Salads
See More Salads →