Roasted Sausages and Grapes may sound like an odd combination, but once you take a bite you’ll see it’s a perfect marriage of flavors. You only need five ingredients and five minutes to prepare for a fantastic hearty meal.
You may think pairing sausages and grapes is a little strange, but you’ve probably used fruit in savory dishes before. Think baked ham with pineapple, chicken with mango salsa, or anything with tomatoes because tomato is a fruit!
This is one of the simplest recipes you can make and easy enough for any level cook. There’s no parboiling, and you don’t have to turn over the sausages while they roast. You simply add all the ingredients onto a baking dish and roast for 45 to 55 minutes.
In this dish, the sausages roast beautifully turning a golden brown and the grapes wrinkle until they all but collapse, leaking out their sweet juices. When those juices mix with the onions and red wine vinegar, it creates a sweet and sour flavor which is intensified from roasting. You have a lot going on with only 5 ingredients.
Try some of these other simple and delicious dishes:
- Slow roasted salmon with lemon caper butter
- Grilled lemon herb chicken breasts
- Roasted crispy salmon cakes
- Roasted chicken leg quarters
- Sticky teriyaki chicken wings
- Sausage with broccoli and pasta
- Ground beef with spinach and cream
- Simple roast chicken
- Sheet pan sausage potatoes peppers and onions
Life is too short for mediocre food.
This post contains affiliate links for the products I use in my kitchen.
Roasted Sausages and GrapesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 pounds sweet sausages about 8 - 10*
- 1 large red or sweet onion sliced
- 2 cups red seedless grapes removed from the stems
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, add the onions in one layer, top with the sausages, then scatter the grapes.
- Drizzle the oil and vinegar evenly over everything.
- Roast for 50 - 55 minutes until sausages are browned and the grapes collapse and release their juices.