The Best Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with crispy edges, chewy center and delicious flavor. Bar none, simply the best.
I always smile when I see a recipe with 'The Best" in the title because how can you say something is the best? Isn’t it subjective? Well let me tell you something, these oatmeal raisin cookies are the best.
The method to making these cookies may surprise you as it’s not conventional. After testing and making so many batches of cookies, I found it took an unconventional method to deliver the very best cookie that was delicious and somewhat addictive.
My goal for the perfect oatmeal raisin cookie...
- Crispy and crunchy on the edges
- Not so crunchy that it crumbles all over the place
- A chewy center to counter the crispy edge
- Lots of raisins for that chew
- Easy to make not requiring a mixer
Did I accomplish them? Yes. Yes, I did.
Here's the how to...
In a small saucepan, melt the butter and stir in the raisins and oatmeal. Set aside to cool while you gather your remaining ingredients.
In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, add the eggs, sugars, and vanilla. Whisk until thoroughly combined. It starts out thick but don't worry, it all comes together.
Add the oat mixture along with the flour mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until everything is combined.
Scoop the dough and place onto a baking sheet that is lined with parchment. The scoop I use measures 2 tablespoons and creates golf ball sized rounds. Space about 2 inches apart.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 12 - 15 minutes.
Let cool on rack. I bet that will only be a few minutes because you will be tempted to dive in right away. Who could blame you?
The dough can be scooped and placed in a freezer bag for later use. Want just a few to satisfy your sweet tooth? Set the toaster oven to 350 degrees and bake! You may need to add a minute or two to the baking time.
Tools you'll need to make these delicious oatmeal cookies:
You'll also love these delicious cookies:
- Natalie's ultimate almond biscotti
- Chocolate crinkle cookies
- Anisette Toasts
- Thick chewy chocolate chip cookies
Life is too short for mediocre food.
Have you seen these?
The Best Oatmeal Raisin CookiesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium saucepan (4 quarts works), melt the butter then stir in the raisins and oats. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs with the sugars and vanilla.
- Add the flour and the oats to the sugar mixture and stir together with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Scoop up golf ball size rounds (2 tablespoons) spacing about 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes until cookies are light golden. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Cool on rack.
More Delicious Treats:
See More Desserts →