This rice is fluffy and perfect. Goes with anything or just eat it alone. Either way, it's delicious. ¡Al Ataque!
Prep Time 2 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 22 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon oil - canola vegetable, or safflower
- 1 teaspoon table salt I use Diamond Crystal
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 1/2 cups water 1 3/4 cups if you like it stickier
Add the oil to a 1 1/2 or 2 quart saucepan.
Sprinkle in the salt and garlic powder, covering bottom of pan.
Put the heat on medium high.
When the garlic powder just starts to turn the slightest color, carefully pour in the water.
Rinse or don't rinse your rice. If you like it fluffy and each grain its own being then rinse. If you like it a little sticky don't rinse.
Stir in the rice.
Wait for the water to come to a boil. When it comes to a boil, turn the heat to a low simmer and cover. Cook for 20 minutes. Fluff it up with fork.