My Taco Dip is the most requested dip at any of my parties. Ground beef is seasoned with my homemade taco seasoning then layered between two types of cheeses. Guaranteed to be a hit.
Whatever the occasion, if you’re looking to be a rockstar at your party, then you need to serve this taco dip to your guests. It’s the first dip people gather around and try and hoard to themselves. It’s a sight to see people elbowing their way to the dip before it’s gone. No worries, I always make double knowing from experience to give my guests what they want.
Taco dip can be prepared ahead then baked when your guests arrive. This taco dip is made with my homemade taco seasoning. To me, homemade is always best. All the ingredients are pronounceable and there's no starch added.
Cream cheese is the base for this dip. Allow the cream cheese to come to room temperature for easy spreading. Take it out and set it aside while you prepare the ground beef.
The ground beef is broken up and browned in a skillet just until the pink color is gone. Then, a good amount of taco seasoning is stirred in along with some hot sauce if you like to spice it up. To give the ground beef some moisture, a little tomato sauce is added and simmered to marry all the flavors.
For layering, spread the cream cheese evenly in the pie dish.
Spread the ground beef on top of the cream cheese.
Sprinkle the top with shredded cheddar cheese or a Mexican blend.
Bake until the cheese is melted.
The cream cheese will be soft, the seasoned beef will be loose and juicy, the cheddar will be melted and bubbly.
Serve with tortilla chips and watch it disappear. I’m telling you, this does not disappoint! I do suggest making more than one. I've had to make many just to complete this post. You just can't help yourself.
As always, thanks for visiting!
Be happy, eat well.
Taco DipPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons Taco Seasoning recipe below
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce optional
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese Mexican blend
- Have a 9.5-inch pie plate ready.
- If serving right away, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Otherwise, the dip can be prepared and refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium high heat. Drain off the fat.
- Stir in the Taco Seasoning ingredients and the hot sauce, if using.
- Add the tomato sauce and water. Stir, and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Spread cream cheese to cover the bottom of pie plate.
- Layer with the ground beef mixture covering all of the cream cheese.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Place in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. I usually cook mine in a toaster oven.
- Serve with tortilla chips.