Adobo Seasoned Crack Wings – deliciously crisp, tender, and juicy with tons of flavor. Coated with my Adobo Seasoning and baked to perfection, these will turn you into a crack wings addict too. No sauce needed or required.
Exclamations from people who have eaten these include: “Hot Damn!”, “Man these are good!”, “Freaking meow!”, “Mmmmmm, these are addictive!”, or just moans of satisfaction. Yup, it’s true. But here’s the kicker…When you receive a text late at night from your neighbor like this, you know you have to post these:
The new crack of the North!!
Your chicken wings.
The best, I have ever, in my entire life, had.
Absolutely no kidding.
I will hug you like there is no tomorrow when I see you next for bringing such goodness to me.”
And hug me he did.
He called them Crack Wings because of their addictive nature. What makes these so special? They are packed with flavor from my adobo seasoning. My neighbor wasn’t the only one who called (or begged) for the recipe. I was bombarded by texts from my son’s friends asking for the recipe after they were over and ate two trays. When people like my food it makes me happy.
This is a simple recipe without added steps, extra pans, racks, or weird ingredients like baking powder. Yes, I know there are many recipes out there that claim using baking powder will result in a crispy wing. I have found that is true…BUT:
- You have to use a rack and I don’t like cleaning them. Oiling those racks didn’t make my cleanup easier either.
- The baking powder left a metallic taste. There were also white spots of baking powder left on the skin that weren’t pleasant to look at nor eat.
- Even when using a rack, I found the bottoms were soft and left indents in the skin.
Placing them directly on a parchment or foiled lined baking sheet was perfect. The difference of turning them halfway through cooking or not didn’t really matter because both ways tasted fantastic. My family fights for the browned crunchy bits left in the pan.
Buy your wings fresh and whole if you can and separate the tip, flat end, and drumette. It’s easy to cut right at the joint. Once you try it, you’ll master it in no time.
I find using fresh wings is best. Using frozen requires a lot more paper towels after being thawed and when baking, water is released onto the pan causing the wings to be steamed. Sometimes flash frozen party wings are soaked in a salt solution which plump them up and make them retain water.
Tools you’ll need to make these spectacular adobo crack wings:
You don’t need a sauce for these. They are great as is. Adobo Seasoned Crack Wings – deliciously crisp, tender, and juicy with tons of flavor. Perfect for parties, gatherings, or game day. Go make them. Now.
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE?
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
THANKS FOR VISITING THEGENETICCHEF.COM
Life is too short for mediocre food.
This post contains affiliate links. Your clicks and purchases help support theGeneticChef.com at no extra charge to you. I only recommend products that I love.
Adobo Seasoned Crack WingsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
If you need to disjoint the wings, add a few minutes to the prep time.
- 4 pounds fresh wings* disjointed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup adobo seasoning I use my homemade Adobo Seasoning
- ¼ cup cornstarch** creates a nice coating on the wings
- Preheat oven 425 degrees.
- Dry the chicken wings with paper towels then place in large bowl.
- Add oil and turn to coat wings.
- Sprinkle with cornstarch and toss to coat until no starch is visible.
- Sprinkle with the Adobo Seasoning, tossing to fully coat wings.
- Place wings on the baking sheet spacing evenly apart. If it's too crowded, use 2 baking sheets.
- Bake for 50 minutes, flipping once halfway through cooking.