Here’s a simple quick dinner recipe for oven baked chicken breasts. A mixture of simple seasoning coats the boneless chicken breast using olive oil to make it stick. The result is a juicy chicken breast that takes only 20 minutes to cook.
This is one of my go-to recipes when time is short but I want a good meal. These oven baked chicken breasts are delicious and can be paired with your favorite sides.
WANT SOME SIDE INSPIRATIONS? CHECK THESE OUT
I don’t pound the chicken breasts. I let them be. I feel pounding them makes them tougher instead of tender. I mean, what did the chicken do to me anyways?
You will see you will get juicy chicken breasts simply from cooking them in high heat and for short time. I also like to trim any loose fat that might be on the edges.
DOES THE SIZE OF THE BREASTS MATTER?
Hahahaha - I just had to add that header but only to make a point. I use boneless chicken breasts that are about six ounces each. If your breasts are small (sorry) then you can adjust the cooking time by deducting a few minutes. If your breasts are big (good for you!) then add a minute or two.
The seasoning for this recipe is super simple. They’re staple ingredients which you are likely to have in your pantry. If you don’t, then get these spices because they are a necessity in cooking many different delicious things.
Granulated garlic - I don’t use powder because I prefer the coarser texture of granulated
Paprika - honestly, I use it for coloring
Did I already mention this was easy?
THE OLIVE OIL MAKES THE SAUCE
I use extra virgin olive oil and I’m not talking a teaspoon either. You need a good amount of oil to make the sauce that you will use to drizzle over these delicious baked chicken breasts. Don’t freak out about using olive oil. It’s a good fat that’s good for you. Just ask my Italian family.
There’s no need to line the baking sheet. The chicken won’t stick and you want the juices, oil, and seasonings to caramelize on the pan. The sauce is delicious.
A tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil is used for each chicken breast. You can spoon it over each one and flip the breast over to coat, or simply combine the tablespoons of oil and drizzle over the chicken breasts.
Now sprinkle the seasoning over each one and flip it over so it gets coated with the oil. Look at the photos. The breasts should look wet and seasoned.
I have to be honest, the wording of this post is killing me with laughter but I’m trying to make a point.
A HOT TEMPERATURE IS KEY
We are going to bake these for 20 minutes. Again, I’m using six ounce chicken breasts. They should be perfectly cooked in 20 minutes in a 425 degree oven.
If you want to use less salt, then by all means. You are the master of your kitchen. Taste the seasoning. Does it taste good to you? Then it will taste good on the chicken.
These oven baked chicken breasts make a great weeknight meal. It’s quick, no-nonsense, and delicious.
MORE DELICIOUS CHICKEN RECIPES
Life is too short for mediocre food.
JUICY OVEN BAKED CHICKEN BREASTSPRINT PIN SAVESaved!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts about 6 ounces each
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Mix seasonings in a small bowl.
- Place chicken right side up on the baking sheet. There’s no need to line the baking sheet with anything.
- Drizzle the breasts with two tablespoons of the olive oil and rub it on each one to coat the surface. The oil will spread onto the baking sheet and that is fine. As long as the breasts are coated it’s fine.
- Sprinkle with Seasoning. I use two teaspoons of seasoning per chicken breast. You can use less if you like.
- Flip chicken. Drizzle with remaining oil and rub it on each one to coat the surface. Sprinkle evenly with remaining seasoning. Flip the breasts back over right side up. You’ll see the seasoning is moistened with the oil without getting the spices all over your fingers.
- Bake the chicken breasts for 20 minutes. The temperature on the thickest part of the breast should be 165 degrees. In 20 minutes they are perfect every time for 6 ounce breasts. If using smaller breasts, test at 18 minutes. If larger than 6 ounces, you may add another minute. Please check at 20 as to not overcook.
- Serve with your favorite side and/or salad.
I don't post the nutritional value because I don't trust the accuracy of the nutritional apps. I’m not a nutritionist and don't want to post misinformation.