You don’t have to go out to get some great chipotle chicken. Nope. All you have to do is blend some ingredients, marinate for only a short time, and grill. This is better than any takeout.
Not only is this chipotle chicken spicy and delicious, it’s super easy to make. Even better is that it uses inexpensive boneless chicken thighs that give you a more tender, juicy result. I kick it up a notch by grilling some peaches alongside for some sweet to go with the spice. Oh my!
In a blender, add 2 - 3 chipotle peppers (depending on how spicy you want it) along with a few tablespoons of the adobo sauce from the can. Add a ½ small red onion, the spices, and blend. Add the marinade into a zip top plastic bag along with the chicken thighs. Once you get as much of the marinade out of the blender, add a few tablespoons of water and swirl it around. We want to get all those flavors out of the blender and into the chicken. Why waste it?
Now, depending on your time frame, you can let it sit for as little as an hour or keep it marinating overnight. Either way, the chicken will be jam-packed with flavor. Set your grill to medium high heat and cook the thighs 5 - 6 minutes per side. I have to admit, I don’t go for the pretty grill lines. Honestly I don’t care how they look, I care about how they taste.
These chipotle chicken thighs pair beautifully with grilled peaches and some fresh cilantro. You don’t even need a dressing because the sweet juices are extracted from the peaches when they’re grilled and mix beautifully with the spicy sauce from the chipotle chicken.
Start your grills…
Try some of my other cookout options:
Life is too short for mediocre food.
Chipotle Chicken with Grilled PeachesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 peaches cored and halved
- neutral oil for brushing peaches
- A small handful of fresh cilantro chopped
- Blend all marinade ingredients except the water until smooth. Place chicken thighs in a zip top bag along with the marinade.
- Add water to blender and swish around to “wash” it out and add to bag. Remove excess air out of the bag and seal. Squeeze the bag to get everything mixed. Marinate for 1 hour to overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Place the chicken onto the grill. The chicken should still be nicely covered in the marinade because it’s nice and thick. Grill 5 to 6 minutes per side, until the chicken is charred nicely and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, brush the peaches with a little oil and place cut side down on the grill and cook for 5 minutes per side. Remove from grill and top with cilantro.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and serve with the peaches.