You don’t have to go out to get some great chipotle chicken. Nope. All you have to do is blend some ingredients, marinate for only a short time, and grill. This is better than any takeout.
Not only is this chipotle chicken spicy and delicious, it’s super easy to make. Even better is that it uses inexpensive boneless chicken thighs that give you a more tender, juicy result.
I kick it up a notch by grilling some peaches alongside for some sweet to go with the spice. Oh my!
HOW TO MAKE CHIPOTLE CHICKEN
In a blender, add 2 - 3 chipotle peppers (depending on how spicy you want it) along with a few tablespoons of the adobo sauce from the can.
Add a ½ small red onion, the spices, and blend.
Add the marinade into a zip top plastic bag along with the chicken thighs.
Once you get as much of the marinade out of the blender, add a few tablespoons of water and swirl it around. We want to get all those flavors out of the blender and into the chicken. Why waste it?
Now, depending on your time frame, you can let it sit for as little as an hour or keep it marinating overnight. Either way, the chicken will be jam-packed with flavor.
Set your grill to medium high heat and cook the thighs 5 - 6 minutes per side. I have to admit, I don’t go for the pretty grill lines. Honestly I don’t care how they look, I care about how they taste.
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN WITH GRILLED PEACHES PAIR BEAUTIFULLY WITH:
These chipotle thighs are served with grilled peaches and some fresh cilantro. You don’t even need a dressing because the sweet juices are extracted from the peaches when they’re grilled and mix beautifully with the spicy sauce from the chipotle chicken.
DON'T FORGET TO GRILL THE PEACHES
Simply cut the peaches in half vertically, starting from the stem then cutting all around.
Remove the pit. (Did I really have to tell you that?)
Drizzle or brush some extra virgin olive oil or a neutral oil over the cut side of the peach. Sprinkle with a little kosher or sea salt.
Grill for 5 minutes or so until they are nicely charred and softened.
The sweetness from the peaches pairs beautifully with the spiciness from the chicken.
Start your grills…
TRY SOME MORE COOKOUT OPTIONS:
Life is too short for mediocre food.
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN WITH GRILLED PEACHESPRINT PIN SAVE
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil can use neutral oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 - 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce See NOTES
- ½ small red onion roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce from the can
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons water to rinse blender
- 3 peaches halved and cored
- neutral oil for brushing peaches
- pinch of kosher salt
- A small handful of fresh cilantro or parsley chopped
- Blend all marinade ingredients except the water until smooth. Place chicken thighs in a zip top bag along with the marinade.
- Add water to blender and swish around to “wash” it out and add to bag. Remove excess air out of the bag and seal. Squeeze the bag to get everything mixed. Marinate for 1 hour to overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Place the chicken onto the grill. The chicken should still be nicely covered in the marinade because it’s nice and thick. Grill 5 to 6 minutes per side, until the chicken is charred nicely and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, brush or drizzle the peaches with a little oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Place cut side down on the grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side until charred and softened. Remove from grill and top with chopped cilantro or parsley, if desired.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and serve with the peaches. The sweetness from the peaches pairs beautifully with the spiciness from the chicken.
I don't post the nutritional value because I don't trust the accuracy of the nutritional apps. I’m not a nutritionist and don't want to post misinformation.