Sweet Pepper and Avocado Salad is crispy, colorful, healthy and delicious. The perfect accompaniment to chicken, beef, pork, or seafood. Serve with crusty bread for a light and satisfying lunch or dinner.
If you have some colorful sweet peppers from your garden or the market and you need to use them, then this sweet pepper and avocado salad is the solution. It’s a simple salad to make and it brightens whatever you’re serving.
You get the crunch from the peppers, the sweet yet sharp flavor from thinly sliced red onions, and the smooth buttery taste and texture from the avocado. Everything is tossed with a simple dressing using only oregano, garlic, salt and pepper which is all it needs for a great tasting dish you won’t be able to resist.
I serve this with steak, pork, and chicken but it will also go very well with shrimp, haddock, scallops, or tuna. Use it as a dressing for your favorite tacos or wraps or enjoy it simply piled on some crusty bread making sure to soak up some of that dressing.
The peppers are sliced into thin strips. I like to cut the pepper in half crosswise to get shorter strips making it easier to eat. It really doesn’t matter whether you slice or chop the avocados since they’ll most likely lose their shape when tossed with the peppers and onions. Their soft buttery texture mixes perfectly with the dressing coating each pepper and onion. Yum! I like to reserve a quarter of the avocado and slice it thin for garnish. You can choose to do this or not.
Isn’t it great when healthy tastes delicious?
Try some of my other salads:
- Spinach watermelon feta salad with lime vinaigrette
- Sweet and tangy cucumber salad
- Mexican street corn salad
- Sonoma chicken salad
- Peruvian oil and vinegar potato salad
Make a salad and top with one of these delicious dressings:
- Best lemon herb vinaigrette, ever
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- Creamy dill dressing
- Salsa criolla – red onion dressing
Life is too short for mediocre food.
Sweet Pepper and Avocado SaladPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- In a 2 cup measure or small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lime juice, oregano, garlic powder, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the peppers into a large bowl and massage them with your hand to break and soften them.
- Combine the red onion and avocado with the peppers. Add the dressing and toss to combine. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
More Delicious Salads
See More Salads →