Big creamy butter beans marinated in a lemon vinaigrette that’s simple to prepare, creating a quick no fuss side dish in minutes. This can also be served as an impromptu appetizer or light lunch mixed with assorted greens. This is so delicious, you’ll make it again and again.
This salad is good on it’s own, added to a salad, or makes an interesting topping for some crostini or toasted pita. It’s so simple to make, you don’t need pictures guiding you through it. You just mix it together and it’s done. The longer this marinates, the better. It’s one of those expensive items you’d probably spot in a fancy supermarket, but you can make it yourself at a fraction of the cost.
I always have a variety of canned beans in my pantry to throw into my soups, salads or chili. I love the large size of the butter beans, as they’re perfect for this butter bean salad. They’re thick, creamy and good on their own, but they’re taken to another level when tossed in a delicious lemon vinaigrette.
Tools you’ll need to make this butter bean salad:
You only need a few tablespoons of chopped parsley. What to do with the rest? Try making my parsley hummus, chimichurri, or a green smoothie. Make lemon herb vinaigrette and use it to marinate chicken or add it to pearl couscous for an incredible side. You can also freeze it! I have bags of parsley in my freezer from my garden. I remove the thick stems and freeze the rest and it lasts all year.
Try some of my other salads:
- Spinach watermelon feta salad with lime vinaigrette
- Sweet and tangy cucumber salad
- Mexican street corn salad
- Sonoma chicken salad
- Peruvian oil and vinegar potato salad
- Macaroni salad
- Spinach and cheese pasta salad
- Quinoa salad with orange vinaigrette
Life is too short for mediocre food.
This post contains affiliate links for the products I use in my kitchen.
Lemon Garlic Butter Bean SaladPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans drained
- In a bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients. Taste and adjust for salt and pepper. Add the butter beans and mix to combine. You can serve it right away, but the longer you let it marinate, the more flavorful it becomes.