Grilled Vegetables with Feta and Balsamic Vinaigrette is an incredibly delicious side dish that can easily be prepared grilled or broiled. Drizzled with a homemade balsamic vinaigrette to complement the freshness of the vegetables bringing an extra burst of flavor with every bite.
Every year my husband plants a garden and we end up with an abundance of vegetables. One of best ways to prepare these vegetables is also one of the simplest. The vegetables are sliced, drizzled with oil, then sprinkled with salt and pepper. The magic, however, is in the vinaigrette.
You can prepare this dish several ways. Use your grill or use the broiler if that’s easier for you. Charring the vegetables is the secret to bringing out flavor. Refer to the photos to see what I mean.
The balsamic vinaigrette is a combination of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh minced garlic, honey, Dijon, oregano, and salt and pepper. It gets absorbed by the vegetables and combines with the sweetness developed from the charred surface. The combination is amazing. The recipe makes about ¾ cup and it can be prepared whisking it in a bowl or shaking it up in a mason jar. Use any remaining dressing for salads or another use. I bet you are going to love this recipe so much, you'll be grilling more vegetables and you'll already have the dressing made.
Crumbled feta cheese is sprinkled over the top before drizzling with the vinaigrette. I LOVE feta cheese, but there are some people who prefer it without. Therefore, add it if you want or don’t if it’s not your thing.
Recap for the best tasting grilled vegetables with feta and balsamic vinaigrette:
Lightly coat vegetables with olive oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper
Grill or broil vegetables until nicely charred
Sprinkle with feta
Drizzle with vinaigrette
Make grilled vegetables with feta and balsamic vinaigrette and you won't be disappointed. You can serve it on a pretty platter or simply on a baking sheet. I promise it will be a hit. Start your grills...or broilers…
Try some of my other sides:
- Cucumber Salad
- Roasted Spiced Sweet Potatoes
- Spinach Watermelon Feta Salad with Lime Vinaigrette
- Perfect Rice Pilaf
Be happy, eat well.
Grilled Vegetables with Feta and Balsamic VinaigrettePRINT PIN SAVE
- 2 large red bell peppers stemmed, seeded, and quartered
- 2 medium zucchini cut diagonally into ½" slices
- 2 medium yellow squash cut diagonally into ½" slices
- 1 medium eggplant sliced into ½-inch thick circles
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese optional but recommended
- Heat grill to high.
- While grill is heating, make vinaigrette. Whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, honey, mustard and oregano. Whisk to emulsify. Taste and season with salt and pepper to your taste. Alternatively, you can add all ingredients to a cruet or mason jar and shake to mix.
- In a large bowl or on baking sheet, drizzle vegetables with olive oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss again.
- Place vegetables on grill and cook for 3 -4 minutes per side or until nicely charred and softened.
- Alternatively, you can broil the vegetables. Spread vegetables evenly on baking sheet and broil for a few minutes on each side until nicely charred and softened. You may have to do this in batches. Time to broil may varies depending on oven, but should be about 3 minutes. Check after a few minutes.
- Transfer charred grilled vegetables onto baking sheet or platter.
- Sprinkle vegetables with crumbled feta cheese. Drizzle vinaigrette over feta and vegetables. Save unused vinaigrette for later use. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
I don't post the nutritional value because I don't trust the accuracy of the nutritional apps. I’m not a nutritionist and don't want to post misinformation.
All photos for this post were taken by Ryan Gregory…