A Simple Vinegar Coleslaw balanced by a little agave or honey creating a sweet and tangy side dish. Minimal effort with maximum taste.Looking for a deliciously simple no mayo coleslaw? Look no further, folks. I have it here for you. In fact, the dressing is so good, you can use it on anything you desire. It's that good.
There’s not much to say here folks. This is super simple. In fact, It's part of my collection of K.I.S.S (keep it short simple) recipes. Simply whisk the dressing ingredients in a large bowl until it's emulsified. Add the coleslaw and toss until fully coated. The coleslaw will wilt as it sits.
Serve with anything or use it as a topping for sandwiches. Pairs perfectly with my crack wings or BBQ baked ribs. This is perfect for parties, barbecues, and cookouts. No need to worry about the mayonnaise spoiling as this is mayo-free. If you offer to bring something, this is it! This recipe can easily be doubled, if needed.
What makes this Simple Vinegar Coleslaw so tasty?
- Apple cider vinegar gives a zing that also brightens the coleslaw.
- Using a neutral oil is used and recommended. I use avocado oil for this but you can use another neutral oil of your choice.
- Dijon mustard is important here as it not only brightens the flavor of the dressing but also aids in emulsification.
- Agave or honey brings just enough sweetness to counter all that zing. It also assists with the emulsification. I prefer the taste of agave.
- A touch of celery seed is enough to bring that familiar flavor of coleslaw.
- As always, kosher salt and pepper.
There you have it. A simple yet tasty, super simple vinegar coleslaw to add to your cookout or anytime menu.
If you love salads, you’ll also love:
- Spinach watermelon feta salad with lime vinaigrette
- Sweet and tangy cucumber salad
- Mexican street corn salad
- Sonoma chicken salad
- Peruvian oil and vinegar potato salad
- Macaroni salad
- Spinach and cheese pasta salad
- Grilled peach and arugula salad with blue cheese
Life is too short for mediocre food.
This post contains affiliate links for the products I use in my kitchen.
Simple Vinegar ColeslawPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 pound package coleslaw
- Whisk all ingredients for dressing in a bowl until combined.
- Add the coleslaw and toss until fully coated. The coleslaw will wilt the longer it sits.
- Serve cold or room temperature.