Grilled Peach and Arugula Salad with Blue Cheese is simple yet loaded with flavor and texture. Topped with my balsamic vinaigrette puts it over the top. You’re gonna love this salad!
During the summer, I like to up my salad game and come up with interesting and exciting salads. What’s better than combining fruit, cheese, greens, and nuts? For this salad, I chose arugula as my green because it only required my opening a bag and tossing them in. The peppery flavor from the arugula contrast beautifully with the sweet peaches.
For the grilled peaches, all I do is put them on the grill and grill them for 5 minutes on each side until they are charred and soft. I don’t even aim for pretty grill marks. If you know me, I don’t really care about that stuff. I’m more interested in the taste instead of it looking pretty.
I know that may sound strange coming from a food blogger but trust me on this. I’ve fallen into the trap of trying many recipes solely based on the beautiful picture associated with it, only to be left disappointed by not having it taste as good as it looked. I do my best to make my food look decent, but I concentrate on the taste because I want you to eat it, not just look at it!
Crumbled blue cheese is added to the mix for some smooth texture and tang. You can also use gorgonzola or whatever you like. I feel blue cheese or gorgonzola pairs beautifully with grilled peaches.
Next comes some crunch. Walnuts are added to the mix and I don’t even chop them up. Feel free to chop if you so desire. I’m looking for easy so it goes in the way it comes out of the bag. I have a huge bag of walnuts that I keep in my freezer. Check out my post on how to freeze nuts for the how and why. Because I cook and bake constantly, I buy in bulk.
The salad is finished off with a drizzle of my balsamic vinaigrette and let me tell you, it’s fantastic. This salad has it all – taste, texture, sweetness, tartness, and crunch. It’s pretty too.
Try arugula with grilled peaches and blue cheese salad. You’re gonna love it.
If you love salads, you’ll also love:
Life is too short for mediocre food.
This post contains affiliate links for the products I use in my kitchen.
Grilled Peach and Arugula Salad with Blue CheesePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 3 peaches pitted and halved
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 1/2 cup walnuts roughly chopped*
- 2 ounces blue cheese crumbled
- 1 recipe for balsamic vinaigrette recipe follows
- Preheat grill to high. You can also use a grill pan on the stove top. Get it nice and hot.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by whisking balsamic vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl or shaking it in a mason jar. Set aside.
- Brush peach halves with a little neutral oil. If you're using a pan I would recommend it. Grill for 5 minutes on each side or until they are charred. Check after a few minutes because temps can vary. Remove and slice into wedges.
- In a large bowl, add arugula, sliced peaches, walnuts, and blue cheese. Toss gently to combine.
- When ready to serve, drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette. Enjoy.