String Beans with Ground Beef – Saltado de Vainitas – is a dish made with string/green beans steamed over deliciously seasoned meat and onions. Simple to prepare and makes a fantastic meal any time of the week.
If you’re looking for a great meal and you’re limited on time, string beans with ground beef will soon be one of your go-to meals. String beans or green beans? Whatever you call them, they taste good and are good for you.
This is one of those meals that can be made in about 30 minutes. You will be shocked over the simplicity and pleasantly surprised at how tasty a simple dish like this can be using hamburger, onions, spices, and string beans.
Ground beef is browned then paired with sauteed onions and garlic. Tomato paste is added and cooked just enough to lose it’s bright red color. More seasonings such as cumin, garlic, and sazón seasoning are added followed by a little soy sauce and water.
Fresh string beans are placed on top and then the pan is covered allowing the steam to cook the beans until they’re nice and tender. If I don’t have fresh string beans, I use frozen and it’s perfectly fine.
Serve with rice and you will have a delicious meal!
You can also enjoy more Peruvian dishes:
- Peruvian tuna pancakes
- Quinoa salad with orange vinaigrette
- Adobo slow roasted pork
- Peruvian deviled eggs
- Maria’s pisco cake
- Peruvian pesto
- Adobo roasted pork loin
- Cauliflower pancakes
- Peruvian shrimp soup
- Split pea soup with bacon and egg
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE?
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
THANKS FOR VISITING THEGENETICCHEF.COM
Life is too short for mediocre food.
This post contains affiliate links for the products I use in my kitchen.
String Beans with Ground BeefPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef until it renders its fat and loses its pink color. It doesn't have to fully cook since it will continue to cook with the string beans. Remove the ground beef with slotted spoon and set aside in a bowl.
- Drain the fat from the skillet.
- Add oil into the skillet and sauté onions until translucent and just starting to turn golden. Scrape up any bits from hamburger.
- Stir in the minced garlic and cook for a minute until fragrant.
- Add the hamburger back into the skillet and season with the remaining spices.
- Add in the tomato paste and stir until it loses its bright red color.
- Stir in the water and soy sauce.
- Place beans on top of ground beef. Cover the skillet, reduce heat to medium, and cook until string beans are tender - about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Serve with rice.