Apple cider bundt cake is made with apple cider and applesauce to give both moisture and flavor, then it’s coated with melted butter and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. This cake screams fall and it’s easily prepared without a mixer.
This cake is made using the muffin method which means no mixer needs to be dragged out. You only need a few bowls, a whisk, and a spatula. All the dry ingredients are mixed in one bowl, the wet are mixed in another or a large measuring cup (which is how I do it), then the wet is poured in with the dry and you mix it up.
The batter is loose because we are using apple cider, applesauce, apple brandy or bourbon, a neutral oil and a few eggs. Sugar counts as a wet ingredient even though it’s whisked with the dry.
Pour it into a bundt pan and bake. I usually coat my cake pans with sugar after spraying them but for this one I left as is only because after it’s baked, I’m going to brush it with melted butter then coat it with a good amount of cinnamon sugar.
Tools you’ll need to make this delicious apple cider bundt cake:
Bundt pan (at least 10 cup capacity)
This is a delicious alternative to those addictive little fried apple cider donuts with little mess and no frying. The cake stays moist for days too and I think it tastes even better the next day.
Here’s some more delicious cakes for you to try:
- Banana Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Dad’s Favorite Apple Cake
- Maria’s Pisco Cake
- Ultimate Chocolate Sheet Cake
- A simple no fuss cinnamon coffee cake
- Melt in your mouth single layer blueberry cake
Life is too short for mediocre food.
Have you seen these?
Apple Cider Bundt CakePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 cup neutral oil avocado, safflower, or vegetable
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon Calvados (apple brandy) bourbon, or rum
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of fine salt
- Preheat oven 350°.
- Grease or spray a 10 - 15 cup bundt pan.
- Whisk dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Pour the wet into dry and mix just until incorporated then whisk for 50 strokes.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake 50 - 60 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan on a rack for 15 minutes.
- Turn cake out onto a cooling rack. Place a baking sheet underneath to catch any of the cinnamon sugar. Let the cake cool completely.
- After cake has cooled, brush cake with melted butter.
- Combine the ¼ cup of sugar with the 1 teaspoon cinnamon and salt.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over cake using your hands to press it on the sides and the center of the cake until it's completely covered. Slightly tilting the cake as you sprinkle ensures an even coating.
More Delicious Cakes
See More Cakes →
More Delicious Desserts
See More Desserts →