A moist, delicious Banana Bundt Cake with a tender crumb, made with a secret ingredient that enhances the flavor of the bananas. Coated with a smooth silky cream cheese icing that takes it over the top.
This is another great way to use up perfectly ripe or overripe bananas. Usually banana bread is the first thought, but if you’re looking for more of a dessert than a quick bread, a banana bundt cake with cream cheese icing is a great choice.
The darker the bananas, the more banana flavor you'll have. A few brown spots won’t do. Let them ripen another day or two.
Using rum brought out the flavor of the bananas. I realized banana liqueur is made basically with bananas, rum, and sugar. Since banana liqueur isn't something I tend to keep in stock, using rum was a great option. I already had sugar and bananas in the cake so it made sense. Adding a touch to the frosting doesn’t hurt either! If I don't have rum, I use bourbon which is what I've been using to substitute vanilla due to the recent price increase. I may never go back.
What makes this banana bundt cake good?
- I use both butter and oil to give this cake flavor and great texture.
- Both baking soda and powder are used for great height.
- White and brown sugars give the best of both worlds for sweetness.
- Using 3 - 4 ripe bananas give great flavor. I’ve made it using 1 ½ and 1 ¾ cups depending on how big the bananas were.
- Buttermilk gives it the tang needed.
- Rum enhances the flavor of banana.
Tools you’ll need to make this delicious banana bundt cake:
The banana bundt cake is topped with a cream cheese icing. No butter is used - it's just cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, milk, rum or bourbon, and a tiny pinch of salt. It’s whipped for a full 5 minutes which delivers a silky smooth icing that’s hard to resist.
It’s a simple yet beautiful cake that I’m sure you and your family will enjoy. If you love bananas, you have to try my banana bread. It’s incredibly delicious.
For more delicious desserts, try:
- Maria’s Pisco Cake
- Dad’s Favorite Apple Cake
- Ultimate Chocolate Sheet Cake
- Simple Old Fashioned Apple Crisp
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- Delicious Rustic Apple Galette
Life is too short for mediocre food.
Have you seen these?
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR BANANA BUNDT CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING TO SAVE FOR LATER.
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Banana Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese IcingPRINT PIN SAVESaved!
Cream cheese icing:
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon rum or bourbon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven 325°F.
- If making your own buttermilk, mix the milk and lemon in a measuring cup and set aside allowing it to thicken.
- Butter and flour a Bundt pan. I use the wrappers from the butter to grease the pan then add a little more if needed to fully coat the pan. Then add a little flour and tap to coat the entire inside of the pan. Discard any loose flour. Alternatively, you can use a baking spray.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter and both sugars for a minute then add the oil and beat for 5 minutes on medium high speed until pale and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, incorporating fully after each one.
- Beat in bananas and rum.
- Scrape down the bowl.
- Add in half of flour and beat until just combined.
- Stream in all the buttermilk and beat to incorporate. It may look curdled but it will come together after adding more flour.
- Add remaining flour and mix just until combined.
- Scrape down the bowl and beat for another 20 seconds.
- Pour into the prepared pan and even out.
- Bake for 50 - 60 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Turn out onto a cooling rack and let cool completely.
To make the icing:
- Beat the cream cheese for 1 minute until smooth.
- Add the confectioners sugar, milk and rum and beat for 5 minutes until smooth and shiny.
- Pour over the cake and spread letting it drip down the sides of the cake.
- Let the frosting set and keep cool.
More Delicious Cakes
See More Cakes →