This is one of those recipes I had to create when brownies were in demand NOW. What makes these the Best Cocoa Brownies? No mixer required, no melting of chocolate and butter, and no fuss. I wanted this recipe to be as simple as the box mixes. There are 7 ingredients, a spoon, and a big bowl. Measure, mix, pour, and bake. The Best Cocoa Brownies, ever!
This isn’t my only brownie recipe. This is just the emergency one I go to when I have to get the job done and I don’t have a lot of time. Besides, I have been promising my son, Ryan, that I would make him brownies for weeks!
We were at the bookstore yesterday starting our back to school shopping and guess what was being displayed on the TV screen…brownies. He just looked at me and smiled. Time to deliver.
After a long day shopping, cleaning, cooking, it’s time to make my son the Best Cocoa Brownies. Guess what? It’s not a chore so there go my excuses.
Here we go.
Grab a large bowl.
Add in the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Whisk together until thoroughly combined. Now it looks like the mix from the box.
To that add the eggs, oil, and vanilla.
Mix and once incorporated (need to just combine to prevent powder and liquid flying all over the place) mix for 50 strokes. Why 50? Because that’s what I remember as a kid.
Spread in pan. Tap pan a few times on counter to allow air bubbles to escape.
Bake about 30 – 35 minutes. I bake these in a toaster oven. Such a small pan I figured why not?
Cool and eat.
When I make these the brownies don’t get to cool completely although it should cool completely before cutting into them. We cut a small piece for everyone to get their fix. If you wrap these and refrigerate, you will experience a firmer yet fudgy brownie that’s easier to cut. Remember, cool translates to clean cut. Want to cool faster? Refrigerate.
These may also be frozen after being tightly wrapped with plastic. Freeze individually for an anytime chocolate fix.
Needless to say, my son got his brownies – and they are the Best Cocoa Brownies. With this easy recipe, there will never be an excuse to not make them. I’m proud to share this recipe with you. Enjoy!
Be happy, eat well…
Best Cocoa Brownies
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 8x8 pan with parchment. Allow overhang on 2 sides for easy removal. Grease or spray with baking spray.
- In a large bowl add flour, cocoa powder, salt, and sugar. Whisk well to combine.
- Add in oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix until just incorporated then mix for 50 strokes. Batter should be dense, smooth, and shiny.
- Spread batter into prepared pan then tap pan once or twice to allow air bubbles to escape.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes. Toothpick inserted should come out moist with chocolate on it. Better to undercook than overcook.
- Allow to cool completely for a clean cut.
Better to undercook than overcook. I used a toaster oven to bake these. I have found that they may start to look overdone on the edges, but once I cut into them they are very fudgy inside. You will learn your oven temp and adjust baking time to your preferred texture.