A super simple recipe for strawberry jam bars that anyone can make. These are the perfect anytime snack and they taste sooooo good. Make them, serve them, and watch them disappear. The perfect recipe for any level cook.
Strawberry jam bars have a crumbly buttery base which is topped with strawberry jam and finished with a crumble that’s made from the same mixture as the base. This was the perfect recipe to make when my kids were young because it didn’t require a lot of thought or time. You mix the ingredients, press it into the pan, spread the jam, sprinkle the topping, and bake. How easy is that?
TALK ABOUT SIMPLE!
Use an 8” square pan that's either greased or coated with baking spray then line it with a piece of parchment with an overhang. The parchment sling allows you to lift the bars out when they’re cooled making it a breeze to slice.
I RECOMMEND USING A REDUCED SUGAR JAM
I use Trader Joe’s reduced sugar strawberry preserves - not because I’m trying to fool myself into thinking the reduced sugar makes this healthy. The reduced sugar option has the perfect amount of sweetness preventing these bars from being candy sweet. Using the entire jar makes it easy because you don’t have to measure anything.
USE ANY FLAVOR JAM YOU LIKE
These can be made with blueberry, raspberry, blackberry, or any flavor you like. Maybe instead of calling the strawberry jam bars, I should have called them fruit jam bars?
When sprinkling the crumbs on top, I like to grab a handful and squeeze it in my hand to form clumps of dough. Those clumps are my favorite and everyone will fight for them.
Bake, cool, slice, and serve. I’m telling you you’re gonna love these. No need to spend money on an oatmeal bar that was made who-knows-when and kept on a shelf for who-knows-how-long. Homemade is always better.
And read those recipe steps. ANYONE can make these. Really.
One more thing, these smell HEAVENLY when they bake. All you can smell is sweet buttery goodness. Better than any candle!
LIKE BARS? HERE A FEW MORE YOU CAN TRY:
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR SIMPLE, CHECK OUT MY KISS RECIPES:
Life is too short for mediocre food.
HAVE YOU SEEN THESE?
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR STRAWBERRY JAM BARS TO SAVE FOR LATER.
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
TOOLS USED FOR THIS RECIPE
Strawberry Jam BarsPRINT PIN SAVESaved!
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ cups whole oats
- ¼ teaspoon fine salt or ½ teaspoon kosher
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 ¾ cups reduced sugar strawberry jam* See Notes
- Preheat oven 350°.
- Butter or spray an 8" square pan and line with parchment paper with an overhang. This makes it easier to lift out the bars when cooled to allow for easier slicing.
- Combine the flour, oats, and salt together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter and brown sugar until thick. Stir in the dry mixture using a spatula and mix until combined.
- Press ⅔ of the mixture into baking pan.
- Spread jam evenly on top.
- Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture over the top. Bake until light golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Transfer pan onto a cooling rack and let cool. Once cooled, lift out bars and cut into squares.
I don't post the nutritional value because I don't trust the accuracy of the nutritional apps. I’m not a nutritionist and don't want to post misinformation.
MORE DELICIOUS BARS
See More Bar Recipes →