My Strawberry Jam Bars are the quickest and easiest bars you can make. No mixer or pastry cutter required because this recipe uses melted butter. The perfect recipe for any level cook.
Strawberry jam bars have a crumbly buttery base topped with strawberry jam and finished with a crumble that’s made from the same mixture as the base. This was the perfect recipe to make when my kids were young because it didn’t require a lot of thought or time. You mix the ingredients, press it into the pan, spread the jam, sprinkle the topping, and bake. How easy is that?
Use an 8” square pan that’s sprayed and lined with a piece of parchment with an overhang. The parchment sling allows you to lift the bars out when they’re cooled making it a breeze to slice. An 8 inch square pan results in a thicker bar because thicker is better. You can easily double the recipe and bake it in a 9×13 pan if serving a crowd.
I use Trader Joe’s reduced sugar strawberry preserves – not because I’m trying to fool myself into thinking the reduced sugar makes this healthy. The reduced sugar option has the perfect amount of sugar preventing these bars from being candy sweet. Using the entire jar makes it easy because you don’t have to measure anything.
These can be made with blueberry, raspberry, blackberry, or any flavor you like. Maybe instead of calling the strawberry jam bars, I should have called them fruit jam bars?
When sprinkling the crumbs on top, I like to grab a handful and squeeze it in my hand to form clumps of dough. Those clumps are my favorite and everyone will fight for them.
Bake, cool, slice, and serve. I’m telling you you’re gonna love these.
Like bars? Here’s a few you could try:
If you’re looking for simple, look at my KISS recipes. Here are a few:
Life is too short for mediocre food.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
Strawberry Jam BarsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole oats
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt or 1/2 teaspoon kosher
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups strawberry jam* heaping cup
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Butter or spray an 8” square pan and line with parchment paper with an overhang. This makes it easier to lift out the bars when cooled to allow for easier slicing.
- Combine the flour, oats, and salt together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Press 2/3 of the mixture into baking pan.
- Spread jam evenly on top.
- Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture over the top. Bake until light golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Transfer pan onto a cooling rack and let cool. Once cooled, lift out bars and cut into squares.