My Apple Butter Oatmeal Bars are quick and easy to prepare and make a delicious dessert or snack. No mixer or pastry cutter required because this recipe uses melted butter. Part of my keep it short and simple recipes that any level cook can prepare.
Looking for a simple dessert or snack to make? Here it is! We are talking simple here and simple recipes are the best recipes.
All you need to prepare apple butter oatmeal bars are two bowls, a whisk, a spatula, and of course, some measuring cups. If you don’t want to mess more than one measuring cup, use a ¼ cup measure like I do and do the simple math since that’s all you need to measure out the flour, oats, brown sugar, and apple butter.
When whisking the melted butter and brown sugar, you’ll notice that it’s separated and looks like it will never come together. But trust me, it will. Use that arm and whisk. The brown sugar will melt into the butter and become one.
Once the brown sugar and butter are mixed, add the dry ingredients and mix. Press ⅔ of the mixture into the pan, spread on the apple butter, then sprinkle the remaining batter over the apple butter. Come on, anyone can make this!
Try some of my other bars:
- Strawberry jam bars
- Congo bars
- Peanut butter and jelly bars
- Gooey chewy s’mores bars
- Chocolate ganache peanut butter bars
- Ultimate Lara bars
If you're looking for more simple recipes, check out my keep it short simple - KISS category with recipes like:
- Perfect pumpkin bread
- Chewy fudgy brownie bites
- Easy homemade granola
- Best blueberry muffins
- French toast casserole
- Best cocoa brownies
Life is too short for mediocre food.
This post contains affiliate links for the products I use in my kitchen.
Apple Butter Oatmeal BarsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ cups whole oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon fine salt
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter melted
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup apple butter
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Butter or spray an 8” square pan and line with parchment paper with an overhang. This makes it easier to lift out the bars when cooled to allow for easier slicing.
- Combine the flour, oats, cinnamon, and salt together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter and brown sugar until thick. It will look separated at first, but the sugar will melt into the butter.
- Use a spatula to stir in the dry mixture and mix until combined.
- Press ⅔ of the mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Spread apple butter evenly on top.
- Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture over the top.
- Bake until light golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Transfer pan onto a cooling rack and let cool. Once cooled, lift out bars and cut into squares.