Crunchy, nutty, and slightly sweet, my Easy Homemade Granola is made from only 6 ingredients and is perfect for breakfast or an anytime snack.
Warning: This Easy Homemade Granola is addicting. You may find it difficult to break away from eating this delicious treat.
Sometimes it’s the simple things…and this Easy Homemade Granola is not only simple, but nutritious and delicious as well. It’s not loaded with fruit or seeds or different grains. It’s just rolled oats, sliced almonds, and salt, coated with coconut oil, sweetened with honey, and flavored with vanilla. That’s it. Simple.
There are so many granola options in the market today and you automatically think they are healthy. Some are, some aren’t. Some contain so much sugar you might as well call it candy. This is a feel good snack. You’ll never buy the prepackaged stuff again. And why should you? This is not only a healthier alternative, it’s cheaper to make at home, your home will smell amazing when the granola is baking, and you are guaranteed a fresh product. Do you really know how long the prepackaged stuff has been on the shelf?
I’ve made this Easy Homemade Granola for my family and I can’t keep up with the demand. My husband loves it for breakfast after his workouts. My kids eat it by the handfuls and choose it over junk food. How can I not make it? Better yet, it’s so easy to make, they can make it themselves. Encourage your kids to cook!
Here are a few suggestions to make this simple for anyone to make:
Line your pan with parchment paper. Parchment paper is one of my favorite go to items because it prevents the food from sticking to the pan. It is readily available at the market and I highly recommend it as an item you keep in stock.
Use sliced almonds. The work is done for you. Just measure and add to your oats. Of course, you can use whole almonds, chopped almonds, or slivered almonds.
Get the best ingredients you can afford. I use organic coconut oil and I buy the huge jar at my local Costco.
This Easy Homemade Granola takes 5 minutes to prepare and about 30 minutes to bake. The result is a delicious, crunchy treat that will be in demand for breakfast, snack, dessert, and everything in between.
In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, almonds, and salt.
In a glass measuring cup, add the coconut oil and honey. I like to use a local honey. Depending on where you get your honey, the taste may vary. It’s all good. Microwave for 45 seconds to a minute until the coconut oil is melted and the honey is loosened. Stir in the vanilla. It may sizzle, but it’s ok. Stir and add to the oat mixture.
Alternatively, in a small saucepan over medium high heat, add the coconut oil and honey and stir until melted and honey is loosened. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Again, it may sizzle which is fine. Stir and add to oat mixture.
Mix until oat mixture is thoroughly coated and combined with honey and oil mixture.
Place a piece of parchment paper to cover a baking sheet so the granola won’t stick.
Place on the middle rack in a preheated 325 degree oven for about 30 minutes – stirring halfway through the baking. I take it out when it is golden brown. Just make sure to check it after 30 minutes. You will be a better judge when stirring it halfway of the baking time if it will need to go longer.
Remove from oven and let cool. It will get crunchy as it cools.
You now have yourself an incredible treat. My Easy Homemade Granola is crunchy, delicious, and addicting. (See Warning above)
Have it with milk for breakfast. You’ll give up cereal.
Have it as a snack.
Have it with sliced apple and peanut butter.
Have it on top of ice cream. Ok, that may defeat the nutritious part…
Have it with your favorite yogurt and fruit and create a delicious parfait.
So many possibilities.
Make this Easy Homemade Granola for yourself, your family, and friends. They will thank you. Enjoy!
Be happy, eat well…
Easy Homemade GranolaPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, almonds, and salt.
- Measure the coconut oil and honey in a 2 cup measuring cup*. Heat for about a minute in the microwave until the coconut oil is liquid and the honey is loosened.
- Alternatively, add the oil and honey to a small saucepan over medium heat until oil is melted and honey is loosened. Remove from heat and continue.
- Add the vanilla. It may sizzle and that is okay. Stir and pour over the oat mixture.
- Stir using a spatula or wooden spoon until the oat mixture is thoroughly coated and combined.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- Transfer granola onto lined baking sheet and place on the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes and give a stir to ensure even baking.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until slightly golden brown. If you like extra crispy, you can cook for another 5 minutes. Just check because the time can vary depending on your oven and it can start to brown quickly.
- Remove from oven and let cool. It will get crunchy as it cools.
- Once cooled, use your hands to break it up. Store in an airtight container and enjoy!