Crunchy, nutty, and slightly sweet, my Easy Homemade Granola is a simple basic granola recipe that takes only minutes to prepare and makes a fantastic breakfast or anytime snack.
This Easy Homemade Granola should come with a warning because once you start snacking on it, you won’t be able to stop. It’s far better than anything you can buy and once you try this, you won’t go back to store-bought.
This granola is not only simple, but nutritious and delicious as well. It’s not loaded with seeds, fruit, or different grains. It’s simply oats, sliced almonds, and salt, coated with coconut oil, sweetened with honey, and flavored with vanilla. That’s it. Simple.
There are so many granola options in the market today and you automatically think they’re healthy. Some are, some aren’t. Some contain so much sugar you might as well call it candy. This easy homemade granola is a feel good snack. You’ll never buy the prepackaged stuff again. And why would you when it only takes 5 minutes to prep and 30 minutes to bake?
Not only is this a healthier alternative, it’s cheaper to make at home, your home will smell amazing when it’s baking, and you’re guaranteed a fresh product. Do you know how long the prepackaged stuff has been on the shelf?
I’ve made this granola for my family and I can’t keep up with the demand. My husband loves it for breakfast after his workouts and my kids eat it by the handfuls and choose it over junk food.
Here are a few suggestions to make easy homemade granola:
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper to prevent the granola from sticking to the pan.
- Use sliced almonds. The work is all done for you. Just measure and add to your oats. You can also use whole almonds, chopped almonds, or slivered almonds.
- Get the best ingredients you can afford. I use organic coconut oil and local honey.
Other great snack options that won’t make you feel guilty:
- Ultimate homemade larabars
- Strawberry basil brie bites
- Bacon wrapped dates with almonds
- Roasted spiced cashews
Life is too short for mediocre food.
This post contains affiliate links.
Easy Homemade GranolaPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, almonds, and salt.
- Measure the coconut oil and honey in a 2 cup measuring cup*. Heat for about a minute in the microwave until the coconut oil is liquid and the honey is loosened.
- Alternatively, add the oil and honey to a small saucepan over medium heat until oil is melted and honey is loosened. Remove from heat and continue.
- Add the vanilla. It may sizzle and that is okay. Stir and pour over the oat mixture.
- Stir using a spatula or spoon until the oat mixture is thoroughly coated and combined.
- Transfer granola onto lined baking sheet and place on the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes and give a stir to ensure even baking.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until slightly golden brown. If you like extra crispy, you can cook for another 5 minutes. Just check because the time can vary depending on your oven and it can start to brown quickly.
- Remove from oven and let cool. It will get crunchy as it cools.
- Once cooled, use your hands to break it up. Store in an airtight container and enjoy!