My Maple Walnut Granola is a simple basic granola recipe that’s crunchy, slightly sweet and satisfies your snack craving without the guilt. It takes only minutes to prepare and makes a fantastic breakfast or anytime snack.
Making your own granola is easy and it’s far better than anything you can buy on a shelf. Once you try this, you won’t go back to store-bought. There are so many granola options in the market today and you automatically think they’re healthy. Some are, some aren’t. There are also tons of recipes out there but most contain so much sugar, you might as well eat candy.
This maple walnut granola makes a great snack without the guilt of eating a candy bar. You don’t need that candy bar when your hangry. Instead, grab a few handfuls of this and you’re good to go. Besides, you can make a batch of this in about 30 minutes and have it on hand whenever the hunger strikes.
This is a simple granola made with oats, chopped walnuts, and salt, which is all coated with a neutral oil, sweetened with pure maple syrup, and flavored with bourbon or vanilla. That’s it.
Why do I use bourbon? Because vanilla has gone up a zillion percent and once I ran out I started substituting bourbon which gives great flavor. Don’t worry, the alcohol cooks out.
Whenever I make this for the family, it disappears in minutes. If you can resist the temptation of eating it all, store it in an airtight container after it completely cools. I recommend using mason jars.
Here are a few suggestions to make maple walnut granola:
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper to prevent the granola from sticking to the pan.
- Get the best ingredients you can afford. Use pure maple syrup and not the fake stuff.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container after the granola is completely cooled.
Want more granola recipes? Try my easy homemade granola, honey nut granola bars or pumpkin spice granola. Use this to make my blueberry yogurt parfaits and you’ll have another great breakfast or snack.
Other great snack options that won’t make you feel guilty:
- Ultimate homemade larabars
- Strawberry basil brie bites
- Bacon wrapped dates with almonds
- Roasted spiced cashews
Life is too short for mediocre food.
This post contains affiliate links for the products I use in my kitchen.
Maple Walnut GranolaPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 pure maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons vegetable canola, or safflower oil
- 1 tablespoon bourbon or vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, walnuts, and salt.
- Mix the oil, maple syrup and bourbon or vanilla then pour over oats. Mix thoroughly then transfer onto the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes and give it a stir then bake for an additional 15 minutes or until slightly golden brown. If you like extra crispy, you can cook for another 5 minutes. Just check because the time can vary depending on your oven and it can start to brown quickly.
- Remove from oven and let cool. It gets crunchy as it cools.
- Once cooled, use your hands to break it up. Store in an airtight container and enjoy.
More Delicious Breakfast Treats
See More Breakfast →