Crunchy and nutty pumpkin spice granola, sweetened with maple syrup and a touch of brown sugar and loaded with all the flavors of fall.
Pumpkin spice is all the rage this time of year but this pumpkin spice granola is so good, it should be enjoyed all year long. Many recipes contain pumpkin puree, but I found pumpkin puree didn’t add much flavor and made the granola lose its crunch. Also, if you stored it for more than a day, it became soft and gummy. Not what I was looking for in a pumpkin spice granola - or any granola for that matter.
This recipe has a combination of oats, pepitas, pecans, maple syrup and pumpkin spice. I added puffed rice cereal for added crunch. I like to use a combination of whole oats and quick oats. Rolled oats give that familiar granola look but the quick oats add some volume and makes it easier to chew. Adding pure maple syrup and just a touch of brown sugar is just enough sweetener to make it addictive and also the secret to creating chunks.
Love this pumpkin spice granola? Then try my other granola recipes:
- Maple walnut granola
- Crunchy honey nut granola bars
- Blueberry yogurt parfaits with homemade granola
- Easy homemade granola
Try this with yogurt or as a topping for ice cream. Have it as a breakfast cereal or just grab a handful and enjoy. This is for all you pumpkin lovers out there.
Here are some more breakfast treats:
- Best blueberry muffins
- French toast casserole
- Maple scones
- Bakery style corn muffins
- Perfect pancakes
- Strawberry cream scones
- German pancakes
- Eggs in purgatory
Life is too short for mediocre food.
More Delicious Pumpkin Recipes
Have you seen these?
Pumpkin Spice GranolaPRINT PIN SAVESaved!
- 3 cups oats I use 2 cups rolled and 1 cup quick
- 1 cup puffed rice - unsweetened can substitute crispy rice cereal
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Spice
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds - pepitas
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- pinch salt
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons neutral oil I use avocado
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla*
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a small saucepan, heat the maple syrup, oil, brown sugar. Stir until brown sugar is dissolved then remove from heat. Alternatively, in a 2 cup glass measuring cup, pour in maple syrup and oil. Add in brown sugar. Heat for 1 to 2 minutes, depending on your microwave, stirring halfway to dissolve brown sugar.
- Stir in vanilla. It might bubble so be careful.
- Pour syrup mixture over oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet and bake for 30 to 40 minutes until golden brown. Depending on your oven, you may need to stir granola halfway through for even coloring.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. Break it up into chunks.
- Store in an airtight container. It will last about two weeks but I'm sure it won't last that long.
I don't post the nutritional value because I don't trust the accuracy of the nutritional apps. I’m not a nutritionist and don't want to post misinformation.
More Delicious Breakfast Treats
See More Breakfast →